The group research area are poverty dynamics and government social protection programs. The group also develops network and working on policy issues of health and labor economics.
Head of Poverty and Social Protection
Teguh Dartanto, PhD
Development Economics, Poverty Analysis, Microeconometrics
Teguh Dartanto is currently serves as Director of Undergraduate Program in Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia and Head of Poverty and Social Protection, Institute for Economic and Social Research (LPEM), University of Indonesia. His specialization is in poverty analysis, development economics, applied general equilibrium, and microeconometrics. Some of his research outcomes have been published at reputable journals such as Energy Policy, Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, the Singapore Economic Review, and Margin-Journal of Applied Economics. He is currently conducting several researches on universal health coverage in the presence of informality, a sustainability of premium payment, and financial analysis of social security in Indonesia. Dr. Dartanto also actively participates in several research collaborations and consultations with many international counterparts such as Australian National University, Nagoya University, Asian Development Bank, ERIA, UNDP and OECD. Before starting his career at University of Indonesia, Dr. Dartanto was a research associate at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Research Institute in Tokyo and starting from April 2015, he became a visiting scholar at JICA. He received Monbukagakusho Scholarship and earned his master of Economics degree at Hitotsubashi University and PhD in International Development at Nagoya University.
Past Research Project
– Universal Health Coverage, Taxation, and Social Policy in the Presence of Informality in Indonesia (JICA, 2016)
– A Model for Labor’s BPJS Health in 2016 (BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, 2016)
– Willingness and Ability to Pay Sharing Service Cost of Sectio Caesarea for Non PBI’s member (BPJS – Kesehatan, 2016)
– The Financial Projections of Social Security Costs in Indonesia (JBIC, 2015)
– Study on Sustainability of Premium Payment of Self-Enrolled Member in BPJS Health (ADB, 2015)
– Data Collection Survey of Social Service Delivery and Social Security (JICA, 2013)
– The Study of Optimal Financial Design of Universal Coverage of Health Insurance through CGE Model Analysis (JICA, 2013)