Chaikal obtained his bachelor degree in economics and master in economics science (MSE) from Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia (FEB UI) in 2002 and 2006. Later on, he studied at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) in Tokyo, Japan and obtained his master of arts (MA) degree in 2011 and PhD in Economics in 2015. His research interests are experimental and behavioral economics, banking and finance, monetary economics, econometrics and modelling.
He started to work at the FEB UI in 2003 until 2008 as a researcher under Laboratory of Economics, Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia (LABIE-FEUI). He is also a lecturer under Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia since 2006. After finishing his PhD degree, he was working as a researcher at LPEM FEB UI since 2014. He also served as program deputy of Master of Economic Planning and Public Policy (MPKP FEB UI) from 2016 to 2018. In 2018, he is appointed as head of undergraduate economics program of Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia and also as Head of Digital Economy and Behavioral Economics Research Division of LPEM FEB UI. Chaikal has published academic articles in several journals such as Jurnal Ekonomi Pembangunan Indonesia (JEPI) and Economics and Finance in Indonesia (EFI). He writes a chapter in a book on Trade and Poverty Reduction in the Asia Pacific Region with Milda Irhamni.
Experimental Economics, Behavioral Economics, Banking and Finance, Monetary Economics, Econometrics, Econometric Modelling
– Yuan, E. Z. W., & Nuryakin, C. (2018). Fiscal and monetary dynamics: A policy duo for the Indonesian economy. Competition and Cooperation in Economics and Business.
– Halimatussadiah, A., Nuryakin, C., Muchtar, P. A., Bella, A., & Rizal, H. (2018). Mapping Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in Indonesia Labor Market. Economics and Finance in Indonesia, 63(2), 126-149.
– Chaikal Nuryakin, Edith Zeng Wen and I Gede Putra Arsana, Portfolio Flows into Indonesia: Push or Pull?, Journal of Economics and Finance in Indonesia (EFI), Vol.62 No.2, 2016.
– Natanael Waraney Gerald Massie and Chaikal Nuryakin, When Prime Depositors Run on The Banks: A Behavioral Approach, LPEM FEBUI Working Papers 201712, LPEM, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, 2017.
– Chaikal Nuryakin and Alistair Munro, Experiments on Lotteries for Shrouded and Bundled Goods: Investigating The Economics of
Fukubukuro, GRIPS Discussion Papers 15-24, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, 2016.
– Halimatussadiah, A., Agriva, M., & Nuryakin, C. (2015). Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and Labor Force in Indonesia: A Preliminary Study. LPEM FEBUI Working Papers 201403, LPEM, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia.
– Milda Irhamni and Chaikal Nuryakin, Rice Import Liberalization and Rural Poor: Case study of Pedes Sub-district, Karawang Regency,
West Java, in “Trade and Poverty Reduction in the Asia Pacific Region”, Cambridge University, 2009.
– Betta Y., Eugenia Mardanugraha and Chaikal Nuryakin, Inflation-Output Efficiency in Lowering High Cost Economy : A Comparative Study of Several Provinces in Indonesia, Journal of Economics and Finance in Indonesia (EFI), Vol.55 No.2, 2007.
– Gitaharie, B. Y., Mardanugraha, E., & Nuryakin, C. (2007). Peningkatan Kinerja Industri Manufaktur Di Indonesia Melalui Penurunan High Cost Economy Periode: 1990-2003. Jurnal Ekonomi dan Pembangunan Indonesia, 8(1), 91-121.
– Nuryakin, C., & Warjiyo, P. (2006). Perilaku Penawaran Kredit Bank Di Indonesia: Kasus Pasar Oligopoli Periode Januari 2001-Juli 2005. Buletin Ekonomi Moneter dan Perbankan, 9(2), 21-55.
Chaikal Nuryakin’s REPEC link