Jahen Fachrul Rezki received his bachelor’s degree of economics at Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia (FEB UI) in 2011. He received the title of M.Sc. from University of York, United Kingdom funded by DIKTI in a program of Unggulan Scholarship, and he currently in the process of completion for his doctoral degree in the same university. Aside from that, Jahen has participated in various trainings such as Mathematics and Statistics Course held by Department of Economics and Related Studies (DERS),University of York, IELTS Course Preparation held by Indonesia Australia Language Foundation (IALF), as well as Mission Statement and Character Building Training held by ESQ Leadership Centre. Jahen started to work at FEB UI as an assistant lecturer in 2010 up to 2012. Afterwards, Jahen worked as a research assistant at LPEM FEBUI starting from 2011, before appointed as a research staff in 2014. Before joining LPEM FEBUI, Jahen once worked in Directorate of Regional Autonomy at BAPPENAS/Ministry of National Development Planning. The research interests of Jahen include Development Economics, Political Economics, Emerging Market Economy, International Economic, Energy Economics, Health Economics, Education Economics and Telecommunication Economics.
Since his time as a student, Jahen has been particularly active in writing articles and opinions in various newspapers, such as Seputar Indonesia and Sinar Harapan. He also has contributed his opinion by writing several books. While working as a researcher in LPEM, Jahen has worked with several institutions such as JICA, Ministry of Education, Centre for Sustainable Development, Ernst & Young, World Bank, and several local government. In his experience teaching, he has handled several subjects including Principles of Macroeconomics, Indonesia Economy, Principles of Microeconomics, Mathematics for Economics and Business, Intermediary Macroeconomics. He also has been invited as a speaker for several events such as Training in Writting Good Academic Paper, Monthly Economics Discussion, Social Act, and Education Situation Seminar with Anies Baswedan. Jahen has also joined as an active member from Royal Economics Society since 2011 and also a member of Ikatan Sarjana Ekonomi Indonesia from 2011.
Development Economics, Political Economics, Emerging Market Economy, International Economic, Energy Economics, Health Economics, Education Economics, Telecommunication Economics.
– Rezki, J.F., Konsumsi Energi dan Pembangunan Ekonomi di Asia Tenggara, Jurnal Ekonomi dan Pembangunan Indonesia (JEPI) , vol. 12(1), July 2011
– Rezki, J.F., Pertumbuhan Ekonomi dan Intervensi Pemerintah, Ekonomi Indonesia di Mata Anak Muda UI, Baduose Media, Jakarta, 2011
– Rezki, J.F., Tips-tips Lulus Ujian Universitas, Baduose Media, Jakarta, 2008
Opinions and Newspaper Articles
– Rezki, J.F., Gasoline, CCTs and Election (in Bahasa),” Sinar Harapan, 1 July 2013.
– Rezki, J.F., Pros and Cons of Minimum Wage (in Bahasa),” Sinar Harapan, 5 December 2012.
– Rezki, J.F., Income and Welfare (in Bahasa),” Sinar Harapan, 22 November 2012.
– Rezki, J.F., Anomaly Named PSSI (in Bahasa),” Seputar Indonesia, 1 March 2011.
– Rezki, J.F., Gasoline, Transportation and Environment (in Bahasa),” Seputar Indonesia, 15 December 2011.
– Rezki, J.F., Maximizing Rural Development (in Bahasa),” Seputar Indonesia, 24 September 2010.
– Rezki, J.F., Students who are Close to the People (in Bahasa),” Seputar Indonesia, 2 August 2010.
– Rezki, J.F., Time to Take Advantage of Geothermal (in Bahasa),” Seputar Indonesia, 21 June 2010.
– Rezki, J.F., Understanding the Meaning of National Revival (in Bahasa),” Seputar Indonesia, 27 May 2010.
– Rezki, J.F., Awaiting the Birth of the Young Entrepreneurs (in Bahasa),” Seputar Indonesia, 14 May 2010.