Jahen F. Rezki has been a researcher at Institute for Economic and Social Research since 2013 and also a lecturer at the Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia (FEB-UI). His research interests include development economics, political economy, applied macroeconomics and economics of media. Jahen received his PhD in Economics from the University of York, United Kingdom, in 2019. He obtained his master degree in 2013 also from the Department of Economics, University of York, and a bachelor degree in Economics from Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia in 2011. Jahen was also an associate lecturer at the University of York, UK in 2019. Currently Jahen is an Associated Editor in Economics and Finance in Indonesia (EFI) a journal published by LPEM-FEB UI since 2019. He has also published op-eds in several national newspapers (e.g. Sinar Harapan, Seputar Indonesia and Republika, etc.). Further information will be updated on his personal website: https://sites.google.com/view/jahenfr
Field of Interests
Development Economics, Political Economy, Economics of Media and Applied Macroeconomics
- “Why Do Informal Sector Workers Not Pay the Premium Regularly? Evidence from the National Health Insurance System in Indonesia” (2019), with Teguh Dartanto, Alin Halimatussadiah, Renny Nurhasana, Chairina Hanum Siregar, Hamdan Bintara, Usman, Wahyu Pramono, Nia Kurnia Sholihah, Edith Zheng Wen Yuan and Rooswanti Soeharno. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy.
- “Participation of Informal Sector Workers in Indonesia’s National Health Insurance System” (2016), with Teguh Dartanto, Wahyu Pramono, Chairina Hanum Siregar, Usman and Hamdan Bintara. Journal of Southeast Asian Economies, 33(3): 320-48
- “Youth Idleness in Indonesia” (2015), with Elfindri, Bemby Soebiakto and Harizal. Asian Social Science, 11(13): 251-259
- “Energy Consumption and Economic Development in Southeast Asia” (2011) Jurnal Ekonomi dan Pembangunan Indonesia, 12(1). (in Bahasa Indonesia)
Selected policy reports
- “Expanding Universal Health Coverage in the Presence of Informality in Indonesia: Challenges and Policy Implications” (2015), with Teguh Dartanto, Wahyu Pramono, Chairina Hanum Siregar, Usman and Hamdan Bintara.
- “Structural Transformation and Middle Income Trap: Reviewing the Development Process in Indonesia Towards 2030” (2015), with M. A. Anwar, S. Wirokartono, K. Verico, V. Adrison, D. Ramdani, I K. D. S. Artha, R. M. Qibthiyyah, A. Malik and D. Erlangga. LPEM-FEB UI and KSI-Bappenas-Indonesia.
- “Study on Sustainability of Premium Payment of Self-Enrol Member in BPJS Health” (2015), with T. Dartanto, W. Pramono, C. H. Siregar, Usman, H. Bintara and N. K. Sholihah. LPEM-FEB UI and Asian Development Bank.
- “The Financial Projection of Social Security Costs in Indonesia” (2015), with T. Dartanto, W. Pramono, C. H. Siregar, H. Bintara and N. K. Sholihah. LPEM-FEB UI and Japan Bank for International Cooperation.
- “The Study on Optimal Financial Design for Universal Coverage on Health Insurance in Indonesia through a CGE Model Analsyis” (2014), with T. Dartanto, W. Pramono, C. H. Siregar, Usman and H. Bintara. LPEM-FEB UI and Japan International Cooperation Agency.