Muhammad Halley Yudhistira graduated in 2007 from Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia (FEB UI) majoring in Economics (Regional and Urban Economics), with cum laude. Afterwards, Yudhistira continued his study at National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) and he managed to receive his title of Master of Arts in Public Economics in 2011. In 2015, Yudhistira managed to receive his title of Doctor of Philosophy in Public Economics from National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS), in Tokyo, Japan with the funding from Mitsubishi Scholarship for Doctor of Philosophy. Yudhistira started to work as an assistant lecturer in Economics Department, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia in 2007. He then become a lecturer in Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia as well as a Research Fellow at LPEM FEBUI since 2015. Yudhistira also works as the Managing Editor of Jurnal Ekonomi Pembangunan Indonesia since 2014. His researh interests include applied econometrics, regional and urban economics, theory and empirics in transportation economics.
Yudhistira also received a number of research grants including individual research grant from The Sumitomo Foundation, East Asian Development Network, as well as from Australian National University. Besides that, Yudhistira is also a Visiting Fellow for Indonesia Project held by The Australian National University. Besides research and teaching, Yudhistira has presented his findings in several international and national events, including EADN Annual Forum, Indonesian Study Group (ANU), Indonesia Regional Science Association (IRSA), Conference in Economic and Finance Indonesia (CEFI), The 2nd National Seminar and Workshop on Frontier in Economics and Teaching Method held by Economics Department of Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia as well as The 3rd Pacific Conference of the Regional Science Association International in Bandung. Yudhistira is also the head of sedekahair.org, a social enterprise focusing on water provision.
Applied Econometrics, Regional and Urban Economics, Theory and Empirics in Transportation Economics
– Yudhistira, M.H. and Yusuf Sofiyandi, Seaport Status, Access, and Regional Development in Indonesia, Working Papers in Economics and Business No 201601 from Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia
– Yudhistira, M.H. On The Effects of The Electronic Road Pricing Plan In The Jakarta Metropolitan Area, Ph.D. Dissertation, GRIPS, 2015.
– Burke, P.J., Batsurii, T., Yudhistira, M.H. Easing the traffic: The effects of Indonesia’s fuel subsidy reforms on toll-road travel, Departmental Working Papers 2017-10, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
– Yudhistira, M.H. dan SHB Harmadi, Analisis Arah Pergérakan Aktivitas Ekonomi Jakarta terhadap Daerah Sekitarnya dengan Menggunakan Pendekatan Urban Sprawl, Jurnal Ekonomi dan Pembangunan Indonesia, 2008
– Yudhistira, M.H. and Yusuf Sofiyandi, Estimating the Benefit of Document-Handling Process Improvement for Seaport Reliability: The Case of Indonesia,LPEM FEBUI Working Papers 201816, LPEM, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised Jan 2018.
– Yudhistira, M.H., Koesrindartono, D.P., Harmadi, S.H,B., Pratama, A.P., How Congested Jakarta is? Perception of Jakarta’s Citizen on Traffic Congestion , Economics and Finance in Indonesia, Volume 62, Number 3, December 2016.
– Harmadi, S.H,B.,Yudhistira, M.H., Koesrindartono, D.P., How Does Congestion Matter For Jakarta’s Citizens? , Journal of Indonesian Economy and Business, Vol. 30, No. 3, pg.220-239, 2015.
– Yudhistira, M.H. and Nizza Al Husna. Studi Empirik Interaksi Strategis Pemerintah Daerah di Indonesia Jurnal Ekonomi Kuantitatif Terapan (EKT), Vol.10 No.2, 2017