To organize a wide variety of research project topics, LPEM FEB UI has seven research groups:
- Regional and Energy Resources Policy Research Group;
- Macroeconomics and Political Economy Research Group;
- Environmental Economics Research Group;
- Digital Economy and Behavioral Economics Research Group;
- Business Climate and Global Value Chains Research Group;
- Social and Community Empowerment Research Group; and
- Social Protection and Labor Research Group.
Each group, which is led by a senior researcher, has the responsibility to conduct research projects based on their respective specialties.