The group has a strong reputation for research and consultation on investment climate, regional and trade cooperation, trade policies on the specific industry, and political economy. Other research areas in this group are related to the market update, analysis of the financial sector and monetary policy, the role of politics and institutions on economic outcomes, macro development, the economics of media, and public economics.
Macroeconomic and Political Economy Research Group uses a wide variety of economic approaches (e.g., CGE, GTAP, Causal Inference, Impact Evaluation, Time Series) in its researches to provide comprehensive studies and more applicable and extensive policy recommendations.
The research group publishes a monthly Macroeconomic Analysis on the BI Board of Governor Meeting and a quarterly macroeconomic outlook.
Head of Macroeconomics and Political Economy
Jahen F. Rezki
Jahen F. Rezki has been a researcher at Institute for Economic and Social Research since 2013 and also a lecturer at the Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia (FEB-UI). His research interests include development economics, political economy, applied macroeconomics and economics of media. Jahen received his PhD in Economics from the University of York, United Kingdom, in 2019. He obtained his master degree in 2013 also from the Department of Economics, University of York, and a bachelor degree in Economics from Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia in 2011.
Past Research Projects
- On the Implementation of Covid 19 Socio Economic When UNDP Serves As Implementing Partner :Study on the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on MSMEs in Indonesia (UNDP, 2020)
- Sector Impact Assesment of Subnational Infrastructure Investment in Indonesia As Part of Municipal Assessment (Project Selection) Tool (World Bank, 2020).
- The Role and Economic Impact of the Iron and Steel Industry on the National Economy (IISIA, 2020).
- Economic Impact of the National Economic Recovery Program (PEN) Supported by BUMN (PT. SMI, 2020).
- Making National Macroeconomic Parameters Model (Pertamina, 2020).
- Biodiesel Market Price Index Formula (BPDPKS, 2020).
- Political Dynasty and Economic Development (University of York, 2020)
- Enhancing Productivity and Innovation in the Agriculture Sectors and MSMEs (CDT-Bappenas, 2020)
- Digitizing Corruption Cases in Indonesia (University of York, 2019)
- Analysis of the Development and Readiness of the Insurance Industry in carrying out a Sharia Business Unit Spin-Off in 2024 (PT Prudential Live Assurance, 2019).
- Study of the Potential and Contribution of the Fintech Economy on Types of Loans in Indonesia (Yayasan Vitta Anuprama Indonesia, 2019).
- Study of the Economic Impact of the Oil and Gas Industry in Indonesia for the National Economy (SKK Migas, 2019)
- Export Tax Levies as an Instrument to Control Oil Palm Prices and the Sustainability of the National Palm Oil Industry (BPDPKS, 2019).
- Survey on the Economic Impact of the WB-IMF Annual Meeting 2018 (World Bank, 2018).
- Economic Impact of the Existence of Kertajati Airport (BIJB, 2018).
- Measuring the Economic and Social Impact of the Financing Facilities of the Indonesian Export Financing Institution (LPEI) (Exim Bank, 2018).
- Measuring the Competitiveness of National Exports from the Perspective of Actors, Products and Markets (3P), (Indonesia Exim Bank, 2017)
- Economic Impact of Infrastructure Projects (PT PII, 2017)
- Evaluation of the Impact of National Strategic Infrastructure Development on the Economy (KPPIP, 2017)
- US Indonesia Partnership for South-South and Tringular Cooperation (USIP for SSTC) Component I (USAID, 2016)
- PUM Evaluation 2012-2015 (Erasmus (ERBS), 2016)
- Tax on Life Insurance Industry (Asosiasi Asuransi Jiwa Indonesia (AAJI), 2016)
- Estimation on Illegal Export Potential after Implementation on Raw Mineral Export Ban (Inke Maris, 2016)
- Study on Consumer Loyalty (Tiket.Com, 2016)
- Market News Letter 2016 (BANK BCA, 2016)
- Marketing Strategy Formulation of Local Creative Product and Services (BEKRAF, 2016)
- Trans Pacific Partnership in Indonesia Economic Development Strategy (Centre for Strategic and International Studies, 2016)
- Batam Free Trade Zone (Kementerian Koordinator Bidang Perekonomian, 2016)