Dr. Ir. Riyanto, M.Si joined and became a researcher of LPEM-FEBUI since 1996 as an expert in statistical modelling which marks the beginning of his career in research. Along with his research experience and knowledge he is engaged in, his interest and area of expertise now vary from Economic Modelling, Regional and Rural Economics, to Public Policy and Political Economy. Riyanto is currently active as a lecturer in the Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia, both in the Bachelor of Economics Program and in the Master of Planning and Public Policy Program as well as a facilitator in the LPEM-FEBUI training and education centre.
Riyanto has an extensive experience in research activities as well as surveys and consultations with various ministries, institutions or organizations, state-owned and private enterprises of Indonesia. He has also been involved in research activities in association with several ministries: including the Ministry of Industry; the Ministry of National Development Planning; Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources; Ministry of Finance; Ministry of Agriculture; and Ministry of Cooperatives and MSMEs (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises). He has also been active in research involving companies: for instance PT Toyota Astra Motor (PT TAM), PT Toyota Manufacturing Indonesia (PT TMIN), PT Krakatau Steel, PT PLN, PT Pertamina, PT PGN, PT Telkom, PT Indosat, PT Indofood Sukses Makmur, PT Chandra Asri, PT Tanindo Subur Prima, PT Unilever Indonesia, PT Atra Daihatsu Motor, PT PELINDO II, PT Tirta Investama, and PT Indonesia Infrastructure Finance. In addition, he has also been involved in several research activities in association with international organizations including the British Council, UNCTAD, JICA, Overseas Economic Cooperation Fund (OECF), World Bank, JBIC, and UNDP. Riyanto achieved a doctoral degree in Regional and Rural Development Planning from Bogor Agricultural Institute (2004-2007). His dissertation was entitled “Corruption in Regional Development: A Study of Political and Cultural Economics”. He achieved his master’s degree from the same study programme from the year 2001 to 2003. Meanwhile, he had achieved his bachelor’s degree from the Statistics Studies Program of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences in Bogor Agricultural Institute (1990-1995).
Statistics, Introduction of Econometrics, Time Series Econometrics, Decision Making Methods, and Regional Planning Economics and Research Methods.
– Riyanto, dkk. Dampak Penerapan Regulasi tentang Perlindungan dan Pengelolaan Ekosistem Gambut terhadap Industri Pulp dan Kertas, LPEM FEB- Penerbit IPB Press , 2018
– Hastawati, Eka & Riyanto, If there is an easier way, why choose the hard way? Case Study on the Ticketing Usage in Bogor Station, Prosiding APBEC, 2018
– Riyanto, Hendranata A. , Usman & Handoko R. Membangun Indeks Koinsiden untuk Konsumsi dan Investasi. Bab dalam Buku Bunga Rampai Kebijakan Makro Fiskal Ekonomi Indonesia, Pusat Kebijakan Ekonomi Makro, Badan Kebijakan Fiskal, Kementerian Keuangan, PT Nagakusuma, Jakarta, 2016
– Proboningtias, Diah & Riyanto, Readiness of Traditional Fishermen in Kali Adem, Muara Angke Jakarta in Using Smart Fishermen Information System, Prosiding The 1st International Conference on Business, Economics, Socio-Culture and Tourism in Semarang , 2016
– Riyanto, dkk, Opsi Kebijakan Subsidi Bahan Bakar Minyak (BBM) yang Lebih Tepat Sasaran, Pusat Kebijakan Anggaran Pendapatan dan Belanja Negara, Badan Kebijakan Fiskal, Kementerian Keuangan , 2015