Yusuf Sofiyandi Simbolon completed his undergraduate degree in Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia (FEB UI) in 2012 and continued his work in research by joining LPEM FEB UI as research assistant. His research field covers the regional and urban economy, spatial economy, and transportation economy with the performance of the Indonesian government as the core of his research analysis. In regard to that fields, Yusuf has experienced in cooperation with Indonesian government agencies such as BKF (Ministry of Finance) and LKPP. In addition, Yusuf also had research experience to collaborate with non-governmental agencies or institutions, such as PROREP (a USAID funded project implemented by Chemonics International Inc.), Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Decentralisation (AIPD), BCA, and World Bank.
During his research in LPEM FEB UI, Yusuf actively writes both in the form of journal and academic manuscripts of his research results, which are then published through working paper and policy brief through some prominent publications, such as the Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), FEB UI’s official website, Asian Development Bank (ADB), and AIP conference Proceding. Aside from being an active researcher at LPEM FEB UI, Yusuf also actively give lecture at FEB UI both in Regular and International Class as an assistant lecturer.
Spatial Economy, Transport Economics, Regional Economics, Urban Economics, Disaster Management, and Environmental Economics
– Yudhistira, MH, dan Sofiyandi, YusufSeaport status, port access, and regional economic development in Indonesia, Working Paper in Economics and Business, Volume V No. 1/2016
– Yudhistira, MH, dan Sofiyandi, YusufEstimating The Benefit of Document-Handling Process Improvement For Seaport Reliability: The Case Of Indonesia, LPEM FEB UI Working Paper 016, 2018.
– T Dartanto, EZW Yuan, Y Sofiyandi, Two Decades of Structural Transformation and Dynamics of Income Equality in Indonesia, Working Paper No. 783, 2017.
– T Dartanto, DF Bastiyan, Y Sofiyandi Are local governments in Indonesia really aware of disaster risks?, AIP Conference Proceedings 1857, 110006 (2017).
– C Wigjoseptina, L Yunita, Y Sofiyandi Survey on the Utilisation of Free Trade Agreements in Indonesia
Yusuf Sofiyandi Simbolon’s REPEC