The research group has a wide-ranging research interests, encompassing various issues in business climate and global value chain area of research. The group has particular research interests in the topics of industrial value chain, industrial supply chain and networks, business environment, internationalization of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), access to finance for SMEs, SMEs’ involvement in value chain, tourism, and economic multiplier effects of business investment and operational activities. The group looks to combine traditional economic approach with business perspectives in its research to provide a comprehensive and more implementable policy and managerial recommendations.
Head of the Research Group
Mohamad Dian Revindo, Ph.D.
Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Local Economic Development, Tourism, Microfinance, Industrial Organization, International Trade and International Business.
Revindo joined LPEM-FEBUI in 2009 and has since been a research associate with the institute. Revindo earned his Ph.D. in Economics from Lincoln University, New Zealand and a recipient of New Zealand-ASEAN Scholar Awards (2013-2017). His Ph.D. thesis is titled “Internationalisation of Indonesian Small and Medium-sized Enterprises”. He also holds a M.A. in European Studies from KU Leuven, Belgium (2008), a M.Sc. in Economics from KU Leuven, Belgium (2007) and a B.A. in Economics and Development Studies from University of Indonesia (2000). In addition to research activities, Revindo lectures at the Graduate School of Global and Strategic Studies (Sekolah Pasca Sarjana Kajian Stratejik dan Global), Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta.
Past Research Projects
- The role and challenges of special economic zones in fostering the export, investment and growth of manufacturing industries in Indonesia (ERIA, 2019)
- The survey of economic impact of 2018 Asian Games Jakarta-Palembang (Bappenas, 2018)
- Defining export-oriented SMEs and redefining SMEs (LPEI-Indonesian Eximbank, 2018)
- Macroeconomics and energy indicators outlook (Pertamina Energy Institute, 2018)
- Acceleration of sustainable economic development in state policy guidelines/GBHN (People’s Consultative Assembly/MPR, 2018)
- The economic, fiscal and monetary impact of automotive industry: the case of Hyundai Motor Company’s planned investment and operations di Indonesia (EY, 2018)
- Food consumption and expenditure pattern in Depok and Surakarta (Rikolto VECO and YLKI, 2018)
- Enterprise micro data survey on supply chain and production network of metal casting, metal processing, transportation and electronic industries in Indonesia (NRI-JICA, 2017-2018)
- Factors influencing the shift from private to public transport (YLKI and BPTJ, 2017)
- Self-employment of returning domestic migrants in China (Lincoln University, New Zealand, 2016 – 2017)
- The economic impact of synthetic fibres production and factory operation (PT Asia Pacific Fibers, 2017)
- Customer retention and citizenshipness (PT Telkom and YLKI, 2017)
- Corporate strategic plan (PT Sucofindo, 2014)
- Enterprise micro data survey on supply chain and production network of metal casting, metal processing, transportation and electronic industries in Indonesia, JICA (2017)
- Citizenshipness and customer retention, PT Telkom and YLKI, 2017
- Factors influencing the consumer shift from private to public transport, BPTJ and YLKI (2017)
- The economic multiplier impact of PT Asia Pacific Fibers (2017)
- Corporate strategic plan, PT Sucofindo (2014)